Click on the links (below), to jump to content:
The Club Championship is inclusive and encourages friendly rivalry within individuals’ training groups and across the club as a whole. It also encourages individuals to try different types of events, that they may not otherwise have considered.
When selecting events, a number of considerations were made, including:
- Having a range of different types of events, i.e. Distance, terrain etc.
- Event capacity and thus capability for individuals to have a fair opportunity to obtain an entry.
- Event costs have also been considered, with the majority of events not being prohibitively expensive.
- Having a range of local events.
- Having a range of week days on which events take place.
There are 15 events to choose from in 2019 with a wide variety of distances, terrains and locations. The first event is a One-Mile Time Trial, on the track on Wednesday 16th January,
- Your best 6 events will count (plus the opportunity for a bonus, see below).
- Events will be scored as follows: 150 points for first place, down to 1 point for 150th place (Men / Ladies are scored separately) except:
- One Marathon (or greater) distance event will qualify for maximum points.
- NEW for 2019: The George Crump Memorial Welsh Cross Country Championships qualifies for a bonus point (for participation) in addition to your best 6 events.
- Individuals will be split by age categories (age as of 01/01/2019), with Cups being awarded to individuals that achieve the most points within their given Age Category from their 6 best events.
- Additional Awards.
- One award will be given to the BEST IMPROVER (called the Level Playing Field) which recognises outstanding improvement over the year.
- NEW for 2019: One award will be given for the BEST AGE GRADE which measures your % performance, taking into account age and gender (similar system to parkrun).
- NEW for 2019: Complete 12 events (or more) and receive a pair of golden shoelaces!
- In the event of any award finishing in a draw, the individual with the highest overall points will win. If this still doesn't determine a winner, joint winners will be declared.
- You must volunteer at least once at either Newport parkrun (Tredegar House) or Riverfront parkrun, in 2019 in order to qualify for the parkrun event in December, 2019.
- For entry into the Improvers Award (Level Playing Field), the best result from Riverfront parkrun in 2018 is used as a benchmark. Where this isn't possible, or members have joined after 1st January, 2019 an equivalent must be provided.
- For full details, as well as results, please see the relevant documents on this page.
- All club championship correspondence should be sent to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Please Note: You can use the built-in search facilities (usually CTRL+F / CMD+F), to search for your name.
POINTS LEAGUE & GOLDEN SHOELACES AWARD
AGE CATEGORY LEAGUE
You can use the built-in search facilities (usually CTRL+F / CMD+F), to search for your name.
Event #1 (16/01/2019) - One-Mile Time Trial
Event #2 (17/02/2019) - SORBROOK SLOG
Event #3 (03/03/2019) - City of Newport Half Marathon
Event #4 (31/03/2019) - CARDIFF BAY RUN
Event #5 (14/04/2019) - THE KYMIN DASH
Event #6 (19/05/2019) - CAERPHILLY 10K
Event #7 (May / June / July / August) - Rose Inn Race Series
Event #7 (14/05/2019) - Rose Inn Race Series Race 1
Event #7 (11/06/2019) - Rose Inn Race Series Race 2
Event #7 (09/07/2019) - Rose Inn Race Series Race 3
Event #7 (13/08/2019) - Rose Inn Race Series Race 4
Event #8 (15/06/2019) - RABBIT RUN
Event #9 (04/08/2019) - Brecon LIONS 10 Mile Road Race
Event #10 (21/08/2019) - Crooked Mile
- - -
Any Marathon (Or Greater) Distance Bonus Events
- - -
February Bonus Event
This Year's Contenders . . . So Far!
Please keep an eye out for any worthy contenders and send them in for nomination!