Please Note: You can use the built-in search / find facilities within your PDF reader / Microsoft Excel (usually CTRL+F / CMD+F), to search for your name.
POINTS LEAGUE & GOLDEN SHOELACES AWARD
AGE CATEGORY LEAGUE
Event #1 (16/01/2019) - One-Mile Time Trial
Event #2 (17/02/2019) - SORBROOK SLOG
Event #3 (03/03/2019) - City of Newport Half Marathon
Event #4 (31/03/2019) - CARDIFF BAY RUN
Event #5 (14/04/2019) - THE KYMIN DASH
- - -
Any Marathon (Or Greater) Distance Bonus Events
- - -
February Bonus Event
'Race Face' Award - This Year's Contenders . . . So far!
About the Championship
The Club Championship is inclusive and encourages friendly rivalry within individuals’ training groups and across the club as whole. It also encourages individuals to try different types of events, that they may not otherwise have considered.
When selecting events, a number of considerations were made, including:
- Having a range of different types of events, i.e. Distance, terrain etc.
- Event capacity and thus capability for individuals to have a fair opportunity to obtain an entry.
- Event costs have also been considered, with the majority of events not being prohibitively expensive.
- Having a range of local events.
- Having a range of week days on which events take place.
There are 15 events to choose from in 2019 with a wide variety of distances, terrains and locations. The first event is a One-Mile Time Trial, on the track on Wednesday 16th January,
- Your best 6 events will count (plus the opportunity for a bonus, see below).
- Events will be scored as follows: 150 points for first place, down to 1 point for 150th place (Men / Ladies are scored separately) except:
- One Marathon (or greater) distance event will qualify for maximum points.
- NEW for 2019: The George Crump Memorial Welsh Cross Country Championships qualifies for a bonus point (for participation) in addition to your best 6 events.
- Individuals will be split by age categories (age as of 01/01/2019), with Cups being awarded to individuals that achieve the most points within their given Age Category from their 6 best events.
- Additional Awards.
- One award will be given to the BEST IMPROVER (called the Level Playing Field) which recognises outstanding improvement over the year.
- NEW for 2019: One award will be given for the BEST AGE GRADE which measures your % performance, taking into account age and gender (similar system to parkrun).
- NEW for 2019: Complete 12 events (or more) and receive a pair of golden shoelaces!
- In the event of any award finishing in a draw, the individual with the highest overall points will win. If this still doesn't determine a winner, joint winners will be declared.
- You must volunteer at least once at either Newport parkrun (Tredegar House) or Riverfront parkrun, in 2019 in order to qualify for the parkrun event in December, 2019.
- For entry into the Improvers Award (Level Playing Field), the best result from Riverfront parkrun in 2018 is used as a benchmark. Where this isn't possible, or members have joined after 1st January, 2019 an equivalent must be provided.
- For full details, as well as results, please see the relevant documents on this page.
- All club championship correspondence should be sent to the following e-mail address: [email protected]