Teej Dew - Inclusion Officer & Chris Davies - Chair
Our Inclusion Policy Statement:
- Lliswerry Runners prides itself on the welcome and friendliness it offers to every single member.
- We commit to true sports equity for all ensuring everyone has the opportunity to enjoy running, at a level appropriate to them, in an environment free from threat of discrimination, intimidation, harassment and abuse.
- The club respects the rights, dignity and worth of every person regardless of age, sex, race, disability, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, religion, socioeconomic status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
To achieve this, we;
- have introduced an Inclusion Officer as member-elected position on the Management Committee to facilitate this policy
- bring together members to capture & maintain our values and integrate them into our club constitution & policies
- listen to our members through surveys, member steering groups & feedback, evaluating as we go
- encourage and support people with diverse backgrounds & needs to join and enjoy their membership with us
- plan all training, events, communication, opportunities and coaching programmes, to be inclusive
- encourage all members to challenge discriminatory behaviour and promote inclusion within the community
- publish our codes of conduct for members and coaches and highlight them to new members
- will not tolerate inappropriate behaviour and commit to addressing any breach of our codes of conduct seriously, according to our disciplinary procedures
In 2019, the club was proud to receive the Ribbon Award from Disability Sport Wales for its inclusion and standards of management & coaching.